03 Aug 10 DIY Tips for Flowers at Home
If you’ve never treated yourself to a bunch of flowers, a few stems, at the local market, you should most definitely try. Flowers have that transformational ability to make a house feel more like a home. They soften things up a bit and add a touch of color to certain window ledges, corners or hidden tables that otherwise seemed invisible. You don’t have to be a master designer to add some blooms to your home.
You can’t go wrong with these 10 DIY tips:
- Bud vases go a long way in odd numbers.
- Bright colors work well in very low or very tall compositions.
- The most ordinary cups and jars can become your most prized vases.
- Clippings from the garden or yard make everyone smile.
- Fresh lavender or eucalyptus can be very calming.
- Yes, the bathroom sink is a perfect place for a small floral detail.
- A drop of bleach in the flower water will prevent bacteria from growing and smelling.
- Tulips will literally move and grow as the day goes on. (Fun for kids to measure)
- Try a stem of fresh flowers in your shower to make home feel like the spa.
- Last week’s roses can be this week’s potpourri.